So many of us who have decided to do business online have no background in marketing or advertising. It can be so frustrating without any kind of guide.
Here is a list of some textbook rules regarding marketing and advertising in general. These are important points that we should all keep in mind when promoting our offers:
1. People don’t like ads until they see something they want or need.
2. Headlines should always illustrate the best, specific benefits of one’s offer. Cryptic headlines might be fun, but they simply can’t compare (in terms of results) to an honest headline that spells out your offer.
3. Tell your prospects exactly what you want them to do. Don’t assume that they know what the next step is. Whether you want them to click through to your web site or send you an email for more information, be sure to let them know and don’t forget to provide the link or address.
4. Every ad you place is an opportunity to rate your copy. A mediocre ad won’t get many responses, but a great ad can clicks almost anywhere. Don’t waste your time placing ineffective ads, always check your results.
5. Networking with others is a good way to make sales, but nothing beats good ad copy.
6. Networking is not about making lots of instant sales. It’s about getting to know people and letting them know what you have to offer. When they have a need for your product, they will look you up.
Writing effective ad copy takes practice. Don’t get discouraged if your first attempts don’t yield a lot of results. Continue to work with it and test it until you find that words that speak to your perfect customers and make them click.